POLARIS UNVEILS 2007 ATV & UTV MODELS THAT BUILD ON CURRENT SUCCESS
New Products Reflect Recent Innovations and Consumer Demand
If the key to business success is giving the customers what they want, then Polaris Industries is in for another successful year. The powersports industry frontrunner today unveiled its product offerings for 2007, delivering a variety of new products including an ATV engineered and designed through the strategic partnership between Polaris and KTM, a new class-leading 50 mph speed for RANGER XP and an exciting new sport-inspired Hammer S Victory Motorcycle.
Polaris shared the new products with their dealers in Orlando, Fla., while also providing a peek at a variety of products currently in development that consumers will be seeing in the future.
“The overwhelming popularity of our latest innovations, limited-edition models and new product features really set the stage for the 2007 model year line-up,” said Bennett Morgan, president and chief operating officer, Polaris Industries Inc. “Polaris continues to lead the way with the strongest and most innovative ATV, RANGER and Victory Motorcycle product lines in the industry today.”
After introducing six new models in 2006, Polaris will continue to lead the way with new and innovative ATV offerings for 2007. Responding to rider demand, Polaris poured innovation into the two-up and youth segments for 2007, and unveiled the first of many joint projects with Austrian motorcycle manufacturer, KTM Power Sports AG.
Sportsman X2 800 – The successor and new titleholder of “The World’s Toughest ATVs,” the Sportsman X2 800 combines the engineering design of the X2 500 and the muscle of the 800 EFI, making it extremely versatile. It also represents the convergence of two of the fastest growing and most profitable ATV segments – the two-up market and the big-bore market. The Sportsman X2 800 will come in standard and deluxe packages as will the rest of the Sportsman line.
- Outlaw 525 – As a result of the strategic partnership with KTM, Polaris introduced the Outlaw 525 powered by KTM, which features the KTM 525 engine used in Motocross and Enduro racing, making the Outlaw leaner at 395 lbs. and the fastest accelerating production ATV on the market. With engineering that tears apart the sport quad status quo, the Outlaw 525 includes independent rear suspension (PRO IRS), specifically designed for aggressive trail riding. Coupling Independent Rear Suspension with a lighter, more powerful engine creates the ultimate trail sport quad. Outlaw 525 will be available Spring 2007.
- New Youth Models –The best-selling line of youth ATVs is even better for 2007 with the addition of 4-stroke engines for a cleaner and quieter ride, and bigger chassis on the 90 cc models for a better rider fit and more comfortable ride. Polaris will offer three, new youth models including the Sportsman 90, Outlaw 90 and Predator 50.
- Limited Edition Models – For the first time, Polaris is offering a Pink Predator 50, Predator 90 and Phoenix 200 designed to appeal to the female rider. In addition, Polaris will offer a Sportsman 800 in a stealth black finish, a painted sagebrush green Sportsman 500, a red Hawkeye, black and silver Predator, and a Sportsman X2 500 in the extremely popular sunset red paint.
“Polaris continues to lead the way with new and innovative ATV offerings,” said Mike Dougherty, general manager for the ATV Division at Polaris. “By constantly re-inventing our product lines, we are able to bring the toughest ATVs to market year after year.
In just six years, the Polaris RANGER division has grown at a compound annual rate of 40 percent. For 2007, Polaris simplified the RANGER line-up and focused on specific consumer needs. The line-up consists of four models, RANGER 2x4, RANGER 4x4 EFI, RANGER XP EFI and RANGER 6x6 EFI with exciting features customers have been asking for such as a new top speed of 50 mph on RANGER XP EFI, dash board instrumentation on the RANGER XP EFI and RANGER 6x6 EFI, and new color options on the RANGER 4x4 EFI.
- RANGER 4x4 EFI – Polaris’ hardest working, smoothest riding utility vehicle is back for 2007 with the features that made it one of the best-selling utility vehicles; a strong 1,000 lb. cargo capacity, class-leading 1,500 lb. payload and towing, 41 mph top speed, electronic fuel injection and exclusive, on-demand, true 4-wheel drive. New for 2007, along with the standard green color, RANGER 4x4 EFI also will be available in red and blue.
- RANGER XP EFI – The RANGER XP EFI is dominating the big-bore utility market and for 2007 Polaris is offering a speed capability of 50 mph and multi-functional instrumentation that includes a speedometer, digital fuel gauge, odometer, EFI diagnostic codes, clock and indicators for gear selection and all-wheel drive. The 2007 RANGER XP EFI will be offered in Delta Green and also in various limited-edition models including the popular midnight red, new turbo silver and black flame with 14 inch rims and Bounty Hunter tires. For the hunting enthusiast, two limited edition RANGER XP EFI models are available; the RANGER XP Mossy Oak™ edition and the highly sought-after Browning® Edition with the new Mossy Oak™ Break-Up pattern, winch, gun scabbard and Browning® “Buckmark” logos.
“We’re extremely pleased as the RANGER line of products continues to outpace the fast-paced utility vehicle category,” said Matt Homan, general manager of the RANGER division at Polaris. “Our simplified product line offers leadership in each segment while providing options that cater to the wide range of utility buyer’s needs.”